Monday, August 22, 2011
Marilyn Meredith's "Bears With Us"
Title: Bears With Us
Publisher: Mundania Press
Cover blurb: Deputy Tempe Crabtree has her hands full when bears turn up in and around Bear Creek, a young teen commits suicide and his parents actions are suspicious, a prominent woman files a complaint against Tempe and her preacher husband Hutch, a love affair from long ago comes to light, and a woman suffering from dementia disappears.
1) How did this story come to you?
My grandson is an Aspen CO police officer and he kept telling about chasing bears out of people’s homes and posting photos of the bears on Facebook. I emailed him asking lots of questions about how they knew the bears were inside homes, how they chased them out, what the bears did inside, and how they smelled. I knew my heroine, Deputy Tempe Crabtree would have some of the same experiences.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
Because I am writing a series, my publisher seems to be willing to publish the next one. This series does have a history though. The first four were published by a small press who put them out in mass market paperback. I had one earlier one that an e-publisher picked up. My publisher passed away and I met the publisher of Mundania at a conference and asked if he’d be interested in picking up the series. Thankfully, he said yes and I’ve been with Mundania for this series ever since.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1. Though I’ve had over thirty books published, I’ve been rejected many, many times.
2. I’ve written in all sorts of genres, historical family sagas, psychological horror, Christian horror, romance with a touch of the supernatural, ghost stories, and of course, lots of mysteries.
3. And years ago, I went to a nudist colony. One day I ought to put something about a nudist colony in a book.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I’m working on a new Rocky Bluff P.D. mystery that has yet no name. The next one in that series, No Bells, will be out in
5) Parting comments?
Writing is an important part of my life—something I really enjoy. My characters all seem very real to me—and I hope they do to my readers.
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
My webpage is http://fictionforyou.com/ and my blog is http://marilynmeredith.blogspot.com/