Monday, January 16, 2012
Title: Hailee (Book #3 in my Montana Skies Historical Romance Series, which follows McKenzie and Kaydie).
1) How did this story come to you?
I knew beforehand that I would be writing a third book in this series. Hailee Annigan’s character was inspired by a piece of mail I received regarding orphanages. I knew I wanted to write a story about a girl placed in an orphanage and how she came to find herself in that predicament.
I introduced my main male character, Nate Adams, in the second novel in my series, Kaydie, and was excited to expound on his character and follow his struggles in answering God’s calling on his life.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
Hailee is the final book in my Montana Skies Series. Nate is McKenzie and Kaydie’s nephew (their sister, Peyton’s son). I was excited to conclude my three-book series with a final glimpse into the lives of those who call Pine Haven, Montana, home.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
Hmmm, let’s see… well, I met my husband through a prank phone call (yep, it’s true & I even wrote a blog post about it titled “Why Prank Phone Calls are Beneficial”); I threw up while dissecting a worm in junior high science class (yuck! And you guessed right, I still think worms are gross!), and the most current thing is that I am an edge-of-the-seat writer and don’t use an outline. Yep, it’s true. But don’t tell anyone.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
Next on the agenda is my historical romance series set in the post-Civil War era. I recently completed the first draft of the first book and am hard at work on the second.
5) Parting comments?
I am excited to announce that the book trailer for Hailee was recently produced by Tinkertime Productions and can be seen at http://youtu.be/LEGoM43jtwA. I love the music that producer Cindy Sproles chose and I would love to hear what you think about it too!
I also wanted to say thank you to my readers for their support and encouragement. I couldn’t embark on this writing journey without you!
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
I love hearing from my readers via –
* My website: http://www.pennyzeller.com/
* My humor blog: http://www.pennyzeller.wordpress.com/
* My FB page www.facebook.com/pennyzellerbooks (Come join in the conversation of just-for-fun Fridays, where I ask a question and we all chit-chat about it)
* On Twitter: http://twitter.com/pennyzeller
Thank you again, Dawn, for having me as your guest. It was an honor to be here!