Title: Journey’s Edge
Publisher: White Rose Publishing
Cover blurb: A Routine Audit? Hardly.
Red flags—including some goon who's following her—raise McKinley Frasier's suspicions that numbers don't add up at the insurance firm. When someone tries to snatch McKinley's daughter from school, she turns to police officer and ex-fiance, Renner Crossman—the cop who walked out on her a month before their wedding. But Renner's not the same guy who broke her heart ten years ago. He calls himself a "new man." She trusts the new Renner with her daughter's safety...but what about her heart?
1) How did this story come to you?
Actually, Trey Colton from Journey’s End inspired this book. Renner was Trey’s partner, both Deputy U.S. Marshals, but total personality opposites. I knew the moment Renner appeared on the page that he would have his own book. I had to dig around in his past to find his sweetheart, but when you meet Kinny, you’ll understand how perfect they are for each other.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
Although Journey’s Edge is the second book in the Marshals of Journey Creek series, I didn’t submit it until after the release of Journey’s End because I wanted to familiarize myself with the publishing process. Soon after, White Rose Publishing contracted Journey’s Edge and the third book in the series, Journey’s Embrace.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1) I’m a family room sports fan. Why should I leave the comforts of my air-conditioned family room to enjoy NASCAR, football, and hockey?
2) No beaches for me. Give me the mountains! My favorite getaway consists of sipping coffee on a cabin deck tucked in the mountains.
3) I am obsessed with locking doors. Sometimes I check them a couple times to make sure they are really locked. Weird, right?
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I just submitted When Truth Whispers, my first book in a new novella series. I’m in the early stages of the next book in that series based on a recent WRP prompt: A fire. A new identity. An old girlfriend. When I saw that prompt, I knew I couldn’t let it slide.
Expect Journey’s Embrace, the third book in the Marshals of Journey Creek series, to release soon with White Rose Publishing.
5) Parting comments?
Thanks so much, K. Dawn, for hosting me today! I’ve enjoyed visiting with you and checking out the fabulous books featured here.
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
Facebook: Dora Hiers Author
Pelican Book Group: http://www.pelicanbookgroup.com/ec/index.php
Autographed Copies: http://dorahiers.blogspot.com/