1) How did this story come to you?
Catch a Falling Star was prompted by a conversation I had with a good friend who was in her forties. She has a very fulfilling life in a lot of ways, and yet some of her hopes and dreams haven’t come true. Our conversation stayed with me because everyone deals with the reality that life doesn’t always go according to our plans. I took that reality and wove it into this novel.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
I originally pitched my editors another story idea – I’d even started fast-drafting it – but they decided they liked Catch a Falling Star and wanted me to write it. So I shelved the story I was writing and started bringing Kendall and Griffin to life.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.1.) When I was 41, I found at I was pregnant. At the time, I had 3 teenagers, and having another baby was nowhere on my To Do list, not even as an optional activity. She was born on Christmas Eve and is truly an unexpected blessing from God.
2.) Thanks to my husband’s air force career, I lived in Turkey for two years.
3.) I’m a twin. I have a fraternal twin sister. We don’t look anything alike – except that we are both female. When we were growing up, we had a difficult time convincing people we were sisters, much less twins.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?I just submitted novel #3 to my editor. It’s titled Somebody Like You, and it’s another inspirational contemporary novel set in Colorado. One fun aspect is that it has a set of twins in the storyline.
5) Parting comments?I am a quote aficionado – I even have a blog (In Others’ Words), where I share quotes and invite readers to join the conversation and share insights. One of my favorite quotes is: “No legacy is so rich as honesty.” ~William Shakespeare (1564-1616) poet & playwright
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?Website: bethvogt.com (http://bethvogt.com)
My blog, In Others’ Words, is embedded in my website. Author Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorBethKVogt?ref=hl