Publisher: Inspired Romance Novels- now prism Book Group.
Cover blurb: Will an inheritance bring new happiness or a trap for murder?
Bad luck seems to follow Sam Blacker. She loses her job and faces daily struggles keeping her drunken neighbor away from her. When an unexpected inheritance gives her a chance for a new beginning, Sam, a city girl at heart, is hesitant. However, after a brutal attack she has no choice.
Making a decision that will forever change her life she flees to the small fishing town of Big Fork Lake, Alabama and soon finds herself in the arms of Noah Frye. A tumultuous relationship with Noah sparks buried desires of the heart, even if he is a Christian, surely, she can get around that little problem.
As Sam and Noah’s passion grows trouble lurks in the shadows, waiting and watching. Inescapable, Sam’s bad luck returns when she stumbles upon a murder and becomes the only suspect. Will she have to run again, this time to stay out of prison? Worse, will she lose the best man she’s ever found? And what about the newfound hunger in heart to know God—can she truly trust in Him?
1) How did this story come to you? One day while doing chores I got to thinking about a trip to the lake. The next I knew my mind was plotting the path for my characters to follow. Sounds crazy but most of my ideas God gives me when I alone with my thoughts.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published. The time it took me to go from manuscript to novel was almost two years. I believe I re-wrote the story four times. I sent the manuscript off to about 45 publishers. Prism Book Group is wonderful at working with debut authors. Though I was green (still am in a lot of ways) the acquiring editor was willing to work with me and published my novel.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers. I’m not a cooking person, at least not from scratch. I don’t like conflict, even though it’s in my novel.Pink is not my favorite color! Nevertheless, I seem to have a lot of that color.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?My coming soon novel is titled “Stone of Destiny” I hope you don’t mind me sharing a blurb.
The sapphire is said to symbolize mental clarity, faithfulness and truth. For centuries, the legion of the Harrison family revolved around a ring. The family stone believed to have divine favors that transform lives-sometimes forever.
Taylor has given up on everything but her work. After becoming the youngest CEO of Mugful’s Beverage Company, she believes life is complete. That is until her grandmother asks her to oversee renovations at the family home, in addition to searching for a missing heirloom.
First contact with what she believes is an insignificant ring, lost for fifty years, sends her life spinning. Taylor experiences strange dreams. Feelings surface; she doesn't understand; mere thoughts that should remain unspoken, are voiced.
Taylor’s emotional journey begins, testing a heart as cold as the ring itself-forcing her to question everything she believes.
Is this a fairy-tale or her soul, reaching out for a different world, a life she can only find through faith and a divine trust in God?
I already have another novel in the works. It takes the readers into the life of Rob. He’s one of the villains in Escape to Big Fork Lake. This book has been challenging for me because it’s based on an alcoholic, his recovery and his path to God.
5) Parting comments? Number one: Thanks for spotlighting me on your lovely blog. Number two: it’s my hope that people who read my novels either learn more about God’s mercy or get a deeper desire to know more about Jesus Christ.
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
My website is http://marylouwrites.weebly.com/.You can find me at inspires4mary.twitter.com. Also, my Face book page is: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inspirational-author-Mary-L-Ball/