Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Interview with Amy R. Anguish and spotlight of Faith and Hope....


We're happy to have Amy R. Anguish with us today talking about her book Faith and Hope. To learn more about Amy and Faith and Hope, read on!


Back cover blurb
Two sisters. One summer. Multiple problems.
Younger sister Hope has lost her job, her car, and her boyfriend all in one day. Her well-laid plans for life have gone sideways, as has her hope in God.
Older sister Faith is finally getting her dream-come-true after years of struggles and prayers. But when her mom talks her into letting Hope move in for the summer, will the stress turn her dream into a nightmare? Is her faith in God strong enough to handle everything?
For two sisters who haven't gotten along in years, this summer together could be a disaster ... or it could lead them to a closer relationship with each other and God. Can they overcome all life is throwing at them? Or is this going to destroy their relationship for good?

Please give us the first page of the book.
“In all honesty, I really thought this meeting might have been to say I was going to get a raise next year.” Hope Cook gave a little chuckle. Anything was better than bursting into tears in front of her boss, even if it was faking laughter.
“Trust me, Hope. If I could have done that, you would be at the top of my list.” Mr. Smith straightened some papers. “Unfortunately, the school board has spoken. The team has to have another coach.”
“I know.” Hope half-heartedly held up a fist. “Go Buckley!”
“If anything changes at all, I’ll let you know.”
Hope couldn’t help but slump her shoulders as she opened the doors to rain. Evidently, the weather was in the same mood she was. She stepped out from under the overhang ... and directly into a puddle.
Laid off.
Wet clothes.
Soaked feet.
She listed every bad thing the afternoon had wrought thus far as she squished her way through the parking lot.
“You have got to be kidding me.” The umbrella doused her with another shower as she fought to close it. She tossed the miscreant tool into her backseat and slammed the door.
She took a moment to lay her head on the steering wheel and give in to her depression. “Why, God? Why give me my dream job only to take it away?”
A clap of thunder sounded. She lifted her head and hands.
“Okay, okay. Sorry. But I don’t understand.”
She shook her head. Was she really arguing with God? Obviously, she needed to go home and rest.


Please tell us five random things we might not know about you.
1. I hate plan white socks. I prefer polka dots, stripes, and sometimes a mixture of each.
2. I love having a random few streaks of hot pink in my hair.
3. I love reading about horses, but not so much actually being near them, and especially not riding them.
4. I used to tell people that I wanted to be a babysitter when I grew up.
5. In high school, I was a runner up in a contest and had a drawing hanging in the football stadium where the Tennessee Titans play.

Why did you choose to write this book?
I sort of wrote this book as therapy for myself. It helped me work through some of the things I was going through dealing with infertility at the time. I also just couldn’t get the idea out of my head—what would happen if two sisters who didn’t along were forced to spend the summer together?

What one thing about writing do you wish non-writers would understand? 
It’s almost impossible to be perfect. I don’t mean me. I mean my manuscript. No matter how many different eyes have looked at it or how many times I have gone through each line, it seems there is always a mistake left.

What is the toughest test you've faced as a writer?
Marketing myself and my books. It’s not that I don’t believe they’re good and that you’d enjoy them. It’s that I don’t want to be pushy, either.

What do you hope readers to take away from your novel?
No matter what you are going through in your life, if you have God, you can make it through and come out better on the other side. Especially if you have other Christians there to help you.

What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of, writing-related or not?
Being a mommy. Having made several quilts. Any plants that don’t die in my gardens.

 What do you do for fun when not writing?
Crochet, paint, sew, read, garden, teach Bible class, chase kids, and the usual things like laundry and dishes.

What are you working on now? 
I am waiting to hear if I’ve made it past round one in the Love Inspired contest, and rewriting a romance I started back in like 2008 that needed A LOT of work.


Bio
Amy R Anguish
Author of An Unexpected Legacy

Amy R Anguish grew up a preacher's kid, and in spite of having lived in seven different states that are all south of the Mason Dixon line, she is not a football fan. Currently, she resides in Tennessee with her husband, daughter, and son, and usually a bossy cat or two. Amy has an English degree from Freed-Hardeman University that she intends to use to glorify God, and she wants her stories to show that while Christians face real struggles, it can still work out for good.

Where else can readers find you online?   
http://abitofanguish.weebly.com and http://facebook.com/amyanguishauthor




1 comment:

  1. Very nice interview Amy! I enjoyed it and I learned more about you and more about your book! Thank yu for sharing all this. God Bless you . Best of Luck with all your writings.

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Barbara M. Britton and spotlight of Lioness...

We're happy to have Barbara M. Britton with us talking about her book Lioness . To learn more about her and Lioness, please read o...