Monday, January 7, 2013
Janet K. Brown's "Divine Dining: 365 Devotions to Guide You to Healthier Weight and Abundant Wellness"
Title: Divine Dining: 365 Devotions to Guide You to Healthier Weight and Abundant Wellness
Publisher: Pen-L Publishing Co.
Cover blurb: I lost ninety-five pounds and have maintained the loss for seventeen years. One tool in my recovery remains the daily reading of inspirational books. I found my library incomplete when I searched for one that combined a twelve-step program with God as the Higher Power. The biggest secret to my success was giving up my will and letting God do it through me. I wrote a book of daily devotions that came from my journals and memories. This is one woman’s road for success. I pray these thoughts help others reach the same healing God gave to me. It’s all about God.
1) How did this story come to you?
About 4 years ago, I awoke in the middle of the night and went to my computer and wrote 14 devotions as fast as I could type. God literally set my fingers to moving. Seeing those 14 caused me to think of all the 365 daily devotion books I had read. At first, I thought it was just to help me with my own eating problems.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
God brought more and more thoughts to the total of 320 and then I started submitting it to publishers. That brought two rejections. The editor at Pen-L Publishing attended Oklahoma Writers Federated Inc. conference in May, 2012. He was looking for self-help, inspirational books, so I pitched it to him and received a contract right away after finishing the other 45 devotions. After signing, we did a fast-track to get it released before Christmas. It came out Dec. 6, 2012.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1. I love line dancing and zumba for exercise.
2. Several years ago, I lost my weight, opened a Diet Center franchise, but then gained back my weight and was not allowed by the company to sell my franchise and recoup my investment. Boo-hoo.
3. 4RV Publishing released my debut novel in July, 2012. It was an inspirational YA, Victoria and the Ghost, so I have published a YA and a devotion book, but I consider myself more of an inspirational romance writer. Go figure.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I’m working on the sequel to my YA that I hope to sell to 4RV Publishing. I have the full manuscript of my romance out to an editor.
5) Parting comments?
As I read my daily devotions in Divine Dining, I pray for anyone else who’s going through it with me and needs God’s help with compulsive overeating.
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
We're happy to have Gina Holder with us today talking about her book No Greater Love. To learn more about Gina and her work read ...
We're happy to have Bonnie Leon with us today talking about her book, Touching the Clouds . To learn more about Bonnie and her book, r...
We are so happy to have Zoe M. McCarthy with us today talking about her novel, The Putting Green Whisperer. Zoe is a gifted and prolific...
We're happy to have Barbara Britton with us today talking about her book Jerusalem Rising. To learn more about her and her book, rea...