Monday, August 27, 2012
Lillian Duncan's "Dark Alleys"
Title: DARK ALLEYS
Cover blurb: Being innocent and proving it are two different things, especially when a powerful politician is involved Tessa’s life spiraled out of control and she finds herself in a dark alley on a cold wintry night. After she witnesses a murder, she almost becomes his second victim, but manages to escape—just barely.
Homeless and alone, she knows the authorities won’t believe someone like her, leaving her only one option—to run.
1) How did this story come to you?
It all started with one little phrase-the tituals of death. Those words kept knocking around in my head so I started writing and eventually they led to DARK ALLEYS.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
Well...glad you asked that question. My Christian publisher thought it wasn’t Christian enough and a secular publisher thought it was too Christian! Both thought it was a good story and gave me suggestions on how to “fix it.” The problem was if I fixed it, it changed the message in the story and that was the message I wanted my readers to “get.” Sooo...that’s why I decided to self-publish it.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1. I’m very, very short! 4’ 8”. And believe me that makes for some interesting situations!
2. I love to watch TV! That’s right and I’m not ashamed to admit it!
3. I hate commas! I would prefer to write without them, but I know I can’t.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I have a Christmas-themed novella being released in November-THE CHRISTMAS STALKING. I’m in the process of final edits with it as well as starting on a few new stories.
5) Parting comments?
I want to thank you for letting me be a guest on your blog.
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
My website is www.lillianduncan.net and I have a devotional blog at www.PowerUpWithGod.com I’m also on Twitter as @LillianDuncan and on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/lillian.k.duncan