Title: Winter Promise
Publisher: Realms Fiction of Charisma House.
Cover blurb: A young doctor bound by a tragedy in his past finds forgiveness through a determined librarian and a baby he delivers at Christmas.
1) How did this story come to you?
The heroine is Rachel’s best friend from the first book and I wanted her to join Rachel in Portersfield. I decided the town needed a library and Abigail would be the best one to open it. I used the doctor’s story from the second book for the hero’s story and there I had the plot.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
It is the third book in the contract for the series Seasons of the Heart.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1) I was a complete tomboy as child. I climbed trees and played football with the neighborhood boys.
2) I learned to cook at the age of 5 when my grandmother let me help her make cookies. She also taught me to sew.
3) I graduated from Baylor University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Home Economics, but ended up teaching English for half of my career in teaching.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I’m almost finished with a Christmas book for 2012. The title of it is Christmas in Holly Hill. I have a new series that will begin in 2013. It will be three books based on the years following the Armistice with Lee and Grant in 1865. I’m excited about writing it because it includes a lot of my own family history based on letters and journals of my Great-grandfather and grandfather.
5) Parting Comments:
I’m excited that my books are available for Kindle, Nook, and other E-Readers. It’s a whole new way of obtaining books. You can find me on the internet at http://www.marthawrogers.com/.
Barnes and Noble: http://tinyurl.com/7y5gcya