Monday, December 5, 2011
Liz Tolsma's "Under His Wings in A Log Cabin Christmas"
Title: Under His Wings in A Log Cabin Christmas
Cover blurb: Adie O’Connell, orphaned and alone in a dangerous logging camp, seeks the stability she once knew when both her parents lived. Despite the compassion and friendship offered by Noah “Preacher Man” Mitchell, she refuses to consider marriage to a man always drifting from one job to another for God.
1) How did this story come to you?
I was visiting the Camp Five logging museum in Laona, Wisconsin and thought it would be a great place to set a story.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
I wrote the first two chapters of the book several years ago, but wasn’t able to find a publisher for it. It sat lonely on my hard drive for that entire time. Then in August 2010, Barbour put out a call for a Christmas story with a log cabin in it. How perfect! I wrote the third chapter, polished everything, and submitted it.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
Wow, this is hard for me. I’m pretty much a what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of person.
1. I’m disorganized. O.K., very disorganized. I like to pretend I have it all together, but I don’t.
2. I haven’t read the other stories in the collection. I’m afraid they’re way better than mine.
3. I don’t like talking on the telephone.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
My agent has submitted my WWII story to several publishers. Still waiting… I’m working on a prairie romance now and will soon embark on another series set in South Dakota.
5) Parting comments?
Thank you so much for hosting me. I appreciate it and I appreciate all the readers who have bought the book and sent me such kind comments.
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
They can find me at www.liztolsma.blogspot.com, http://www.liztolsma.com/, on Facebook as Liz Tolsma and on Twitter @LizTolsma. I’m also a regular contributor to The Barn Door, http://www.thebarndoor.net/