Monday, December 19, 2011
Angela Ruth's "Love Finds You in Sun Valley, Idaho"
Title: Love Finds You in Sun Valley, Idaho
Publisher: Summerside Press, an imprint of Guidepost
Cover blurb: Actress Emily Van Arsdale has finally returned to her home state—with an entire film crew in tow! With stunning scenery and a reputation for hosting celebrities, Sun Valley is the perfect setting for Emily’s newest romantic comedy. Tracen Lake is happy to work as a stunt consultant for the movie but not as thrilled to deal with a bunch of high-maintenance Hollywood types. Tracen is surprised, however, to discover in Emily a down-to-earth Idaho girl who does all her own stunts and loves the outdoors. As filming wraps up and Emily heads off to her next gig, will she be able to leave Sun Valley—and Tracen—behind?
1) How did this story come to you?
The story actually started out as Love Finds You in Sweet Home, Oregon—an area with a lot of water and known for outdoor adventures. This inspired Tracen’s background and the whole theme of “home sweet home” versus “home is where the heart is.” When the publisher asked me to move the location to Sun Valley (they already had quite a few stories set in Oregon), the swanky culture fit Emily’s celebrity status perfectly.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
Man, I wish publishing books was always as easy as this one turned out to be. Before selling the Sun Valley story, I had written three complete novels that couldn’t find a home. All Summerside requested for their new romance line was a proposal including three chapters. I banged it out in a day. When my agent called with the good news, I was sure it would be for one of my other books that I’d slaved years over. But I’m so glad I sold this story, because I absolutely loved getting to know the characters.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1. My husband left me in the middle of the writing/publication process, and I haven’t finished reading a romance novel since.
2. I moved in with some neighbors who supported me through the divorce, and I dedicated the book to them for showing me what love was again.
3. God brought Prince Charming into my life, and being married to him is so much better than any romance novel. For our wedding, my publisher let us design a mock “Love Finds You” book cover with our own photo on it to put on display (left)
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I am currently writing a prayer book (similar to Stormie Omartian’s series) for abandoned wives. God romanced me in such a sweet way after my divorce that I want to share that fulfillment with all unloved wives.
5) Parting comments?
Publishing my first book was an amazing experience, and it’s eye-opening to learn how different readers perceive it. Be forewarned that this story is considered larger than life and includes romance scenes that will awaken your senses. But I’m proud to claim that even those who had complaints admit to finishing the whole book in one day!
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
I’ve just recently started a blog primarily for women forced to move on after their husband moves out. I’d love to have readers visit, but I’d especially love it if they passed on the blog site to anyone they know struggling with infidelity and/or divorce: www.angelaruthstrong.blogspot.com.