Monday, October 10, 2011
Lillian Duncan's "Pursued"
Publisher: White Rose Publishing
Cover blurb: Reggie Meyers has spent her life pursing the American Dream, but now she’s the one being pursued— by an unknown killer. Putting her trust in Dylan Monroe, a man she barely knows, will either be the best decision she ever made or the last.
Reggie’s a big city lawyer and Dylan’s a country farmer. In the normal course of events, their lives would never intersect but some accidents just aren't meant to be avoided. When Reggie crashes into Dylan, it makes a bad day even worse or so she thinks. Dylan, on the other hand, is intrigued by the feisty lady lawyer and wrangles a way to spend a bit more time with her by offering to drive her home after the accident. And so the journey that will change both their lives begins...
1) How did this story come to you?
I wanted to write a story that showed the different mindsets of “city folks” and “country folks.” To put a twist on it, I wanted the heroine to be the high-powered ambitious attorney and the hero to be the “simple farmer.”
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
I submitted to White Rose Publishing because I wanted a publisher with experience in both ebooks and print books. It seemed like a good fit. They gave me some wonderful feedback which I listened to and revised the book. I was absolutely delighted when White Rose Publishing accepted the book and offered me a contract.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1) I’m hooked on TV crime shows with my favorite being NCIS and Criminal Minds a close second.
2) I used to love to cook, but now I’m spoiled because my husband is a wonderful cook! On the rare occasion when he asks me to fix dinner, I stand in the kitchen and wonder what I should do!
3) I’m very short—4’8”. It can be difficult at times, especially when I need something off the top shelf. But most people never forget me because of my height—and that’s a very good thing!!
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I’m working on revisions of my new book, DECEPTION, to be published this fall. DECEPTION is the story of a set of estranged twins. When a niece she knows nothing about calls, Patti must unravel the truth of her sister’s disappearance. I’m also working on a sequel to PURSUED.
5) Parting comments?
Thanks so much for inviting me to your blog. If there are any would-be writers out there, I have three pieces of advice. First is never to give up, if it happened for me then it can happen for you. And the second thing is if you are serious about writing, join American Christian Fiction Writers. And the third thing is, never give up!!
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
My website is: http://www.lillianduncan.net/ and my blog is: http://www.lillianduncan.wordpress.com/