Monday, September 19, 2011
Laura Hilton's "A Harvest of Hearts"
Title: A HARVEST OF HEARTS
Publisher: Whitaker House
Cover blurb: A Harvest of Hearts Book 2 of the Amish of Seymour series, September 2011
Matthew Yoder volunteered to be part of the swap of Amish men from his Old Order Pennsylvania Amish Community, to the Amish community in Seymour, Missouri. There is nothing for him in Pennsylvania, as the youngest of twelve children, and the lack of farmland around Lancaster County, he felt he could make a better future in another district. Shanna Stoltzfus has been raised Amish, and couldn’t wait for her rumspringa so she could pursue her education. She hated having to quit school in the 8th grade to stay home and learn everything that makes a home run smoothly. But now she has earned her GED and is taking college courses, but her family is begging her to come home; her little sisters miss her. And there’s something about newcomer, Matthew Yoder that draws her attention. But is it enough to give up her dreams of education and join the Amish church?
1) How did this story come to you?
I was praying about an idea for a second book in the series and God answered
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
I wrote a proposal for book one (three books and a synopsis) and blurbs for this book and one other, and it sold.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1. I met two of the stars of Hee Haw when I was a waitress (work/study program) at the College of the Ozarks
2. I am a breast cancer survivor.
3. I love lighthouses – and have visited most of the ones in Michigan
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I’m working on book one of another series that hopefully someone will want.
5) Where can fans find you on the internet?