Monday, January 31, 2011

Lyle A. Way's "Edge of Disaster"


We're happy to have Lyle A. Way with us today talking about his book Edge of Disaster. To learn more about Lyle and his book, read on!


Title:Edge of Disaster.
Cover blurb: Arastoo Faridoon wants to resurrect the Persian dynasty so he con rule the world as king, and he won’t let anything stand in his way – not his own people, not his own family, and most of all, not the great power in the West, the United States of America.
Fueled by his hatred of the U.S., he devises a plan to ruin its economy with a strain of bacteria that will destroy the country’s grain supply. As a result of the outbreak, the country’s economy spirals downward. The housing market hits rock bottom. The stock market sinks to an all-time low. Bread, cereal, beef and chicken become too expensive to eat.
One of Faridoon’s foes emerges unexpectedly moments before he is to launch his final assault on the U.S. But will they arrived in time to stop him for executing his diabolical plan? And does Faridoon have enough fear to take them seriously? *not included by vitally important is the fact that the CIA sends its best agent to Iran, to try and uncover this plot. The military is involved as well as secret cells in Tehran, providing lots of excitement and intrigue.



1. How did this story come to you?
It came to me while watching the news and the Iranian Presidents tirades against the United States.

2. Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
I had my share of rejections before sending the manuscript to Creation House, who decided to publish it.

3. Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
A. I am a retired CEO of the largest retirement center in Lubbock.
B. I love writing books about the CIA and my favorite agent who was born in my imagination, Aristotle Tucker, known as “Tuck”.
C. I received a Bachelor of Theology degree during my 60th year on this globe.

4. What are you working on now and what’s next for you?
I have a new book in the publishing process now, titled “Wake of the Golden Gryphon” a story about a smuggler in the South China Seas. It will also become an E book, which will require my cutting approximately 15,000 words from the story. For an author who cherishes every word in his work, this is a daunting task.

5. Parting comments?
I know that E books are the fast growing future in the publishing business, however, I still love the look and feel of a book in my hands, so I think there will always be traditional publishing.

6. Where can fans find you on the internet?
My email address is lway@windstream.net and website and blog are located at http://www.lyleaway.com/

8 comments:

  1. i follow your blog, K. Dawn...i would love to win this book - even though it sounds like it might actually be too close to truth for comfort! mitzi_wanham[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds very interesting, in that it involves the middle east, the CIA, ruining grain and poor economic times like now. It will not be difficult to pick sides. Please enter me for this book. Sounds like a page turner to me.

    I am an e-mail subscriber to this blog.

    CarolNWong(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm interested in reading this novel...thanks for the chance :)

    karenk
    kmkuka at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. subscriber love to win thanks

    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like an exciting book! Please include me. Email subscriber.

    nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your novel sounds like it could be happening right now in the newspaper. I would love to read this. My father-in-law just saw the reviews on this book and was looking for it.
    Thanks
    Heidi
    heidijohnjeff@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Barbara M. Britton and spotlight of Lioness...

We're happy to have Barbara M. Britton with us talking about her book Lioness . To learn more about her and Lioness, please read o...