Monday, June 7, 2010

Tina Pinson's "In the Manor of the Ghost"


We're happy to have Tina Pinson with us today talking about her book, In the Manor of the Ghost. To learn more about Tina and her book, read on!

(Note: If you're not set up to read ebooks, scroll down on the blog to find out how to download a free Kindle app for your computer.)

Title: In the Manor of the Ghost
1) How did this story come to you?
It unfolded in a dream. I had just visited Minnesota, and passed through an area where there were black walnut groves. I was thinking about how to work the landscape and visit into a storyline, when I dreamed the first chapter for In the Manor of the Ghost, and subsequently the rest of the book.

2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
I wrote the story in 2000 and tried to get it published, only to learn that I hadn't followed the rules of writing. They'd changed while I was on hiatus to have children, so I needed to tweak the story and do more editing to make it sellable.

3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
I love to sing, was somewhat of a tomboy growing up, which made me think I should become the next Doris Day. I've been married for over 30 years. I am a grandmother and I wrote my first novel in elementary school.

4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
Lately, when I find time to write, I've been working on a Sci-Fi time-travel series, with clones, gene mutation, and bad people trying to get rid of Christ. Counting Tessa is the first installment. Then I plan to get back to two Civil War Era stories I've been working on, Finding Middle C, and From Hell to Eternity. Another novel, Touched By Mercy, will be released this December 2010 through Desert Breeze Publishing.

5) Parting comments?
Just wanted to take a moment and say a little bit about In the
Manor of the Ghost. Yes, it has romance, a love story and a ghost. But it's important to know that while In the Manor of the Ghost takes place in a manor, some of the houses we reside in aren't made of lumber or stones. They are fashioned from our fears and are as thick around us as a wall might be. Some of the Ghosts we face are those fears. Real or perceived, they can haunt us for years. In the Manor of the Ghost is an inspirational, written with facing those unseen ghosts in mind.
It is my belief that as God is the author and creator of love and romance, some of the most beautiful love stories come out of two people growing together through good times and trials, facing their fears and turning them over to the Lord.

6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
They can visit my website -- http://www.tinapinson.com/blank.html
Purchase my book at Desert Breeze Bookstore. http://stores.desertbreezepublishing.com/-strse-92/In-the-Manor-of/Detail.bok
Stop at my Blogsite— http://tinapinson.blogspot.com/

Thank you so much for giving me this opportunity to share my books and myself.
In honor of the release of In the Manor of the Ghost, I am running a contest, Win a Kindle… Catch a Ghost for the entire month of June 2010. Check out my blog for the particulars.
http://tinapinson.blogspot.com/

16 comments:

  1. Trailer really intrigues me on this one. Please enter me. Thanks.
    desertrose5173 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such an interesting book. I loved and agree with your comment about some of our walls being made of our fears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds excellent. I agree with your remark about some walls are made from our fears. Please enter me for a chance to receive and erview your book.
    skstiles612[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please enter me. This book sounds intriguing.

    quiltyreader(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks so good. Please enter me.

    ~Steph
    soklad@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed your interview, I can't wait to read your book.Please enter me
    Heidi
    heidijohnjeffATverizonDOTnet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carmen and Sandra,
    Thank you so much for coming by, you are both entered for sure. And please don't forget to stop by my blog and get yourself into the Win a Kindle... Catch a Ghost Contest. I'm giving away 2 Kindles and some copies of my book. the link is above.

    Tina Pinson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great book! Would love to read it.... enter me please!

    walkinfaith4him(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tina! I've read the book so don't enter me in the giveaway. But for those of you who haven't read it, it's really good. REALLY REALLY GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so excited to read this one! It does sound good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The book sounds fascinating & I would love to win a copy to read. I really like Tina's parting comments about "God is the author and creator of love and romance..." - that is so true! Thank you for taking the time for the interview and as always, K. Dawn, thanks for bringing us a wonderful author and book.

    Beverly
    bgrider2@cox.n bgrider2[at]cox[dot]net

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, everyone,

    Watching grandkids and found a breather to stop in and say hello again. I appreciate you coming by and leaving your comments. I hope you all get the chance to read the book.

    Thanks Shawna.

    Tina Pinson

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a book that would make a person think a lot.
    Kaye Whitney
    kayewhitney@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. would love to win!
    tiffanyniekro at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I want to read this book, it sounds so interesting.

    wyndyc at gmail dot com
    http://wynsbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats to LaTawnia, who is the winner of my book In the Manor of the Ghost. I appreciate all of you coming by and leaving a comment. Dont' forget to stop by my blog http://tinapinson.blogspot.com and get signed up for the free Kindles I'm giving away.

    Tina Pinson

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Barbara M. Britton and spotlight of Lioness...

We're happy to have Barbara M. Britton with us talking about her book Lioness . To learn more about her and Lioness, please read o...