Monday, March 29, 2010

Register to win a book from Nicole O'Dell...



Register to win a book from Nicole O'Dell.

We're happy to have Nicole O'Dell with us today talking about her books Magna and Making Waves. Nicole has been kind enough to give a free book to a lucky blog reader. To register, place your e-mail address in the feedburner box at the top right if you haven't done so and leave a comment at the end of Nicole's interview. Be sure to include your e-mail address with your comment. To learn more about Nicole read on.

Your titles: Magna and Making Waves
These books, Magna and Making Waves, are numbers three and four in my Scenarios for Girls interactive fiction series. In each book, the reader arrives at a moral dilemma and must make the choice for the main character. The alternate endings let her live out her own choices.

1) How did this story come to you?
Both stories come from experiences I had as a teen. In Magna, Molly Jacobs gets a job at a trendy clothing store—I had very similar experiences when I was fifteen and got a job at the mall. In Making Waves, Kate Walker joins the swim team. While I didn’t have any encounters with performance-enhancement drugs like Kate did, I had similar feelings about being a part of my high-school swim team and loved being in the water—still do.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
It’s been a fun journey and the steps to publication were relatively simple compared to many stories I’ve heard. The first two books in the series came out in August of 2009. The fifth and sixth books release in 2011.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
I have six kids, the oldest is 18 and the youngest are toddler triplets.
I started college at fifteen. Why am I STILL in classes, though?
I’m a member of Mensa.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I’m working on a three-book YA series called Diamond Estates--a girl’s group home in a converted monastery in the Colorado Rockies.
High Stakes and Essence of Lilly are the next two books releasing in the Scenarios Series. Look for them in Spring, 2011.
5) Parting comments?
Thanks so much for checking out my books. Stop by my blog if you get a chance—On, Mondays I post to parents. Tuesday’s I post my Girl Talk column in which my two daughters and I answer reader’s questions. You can see the rest of the schedule here: http://www.nicoleodell.blogspot.com/.
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
http://www.nicoleodell.com
You can sign up for my newsletter here: http://ymlp.com/signup.php?id=gejjymsgmgj
www.facebook.com/nicoleodell

7 comments:

  1. My grand daughter would love this book agreatdayin2003@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a former WSI, I taught swimming for 15 years. My daughter was on swim team in high school and another daughter also earned her WSI and taught swimming for several years. Now I have teen grandchildren who swim well too.
    Kaye Whitney
    kayewhitney@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the premises of all of Nicole's books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my teenage daughter would love it if I won these books. thanks for the giveaway. I'm a subscriber.

    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, everyone!

    I really appreciate your post, Dawn!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these books sound great. My daughter would love them. Thanks!

    estrella8888 at roadrunner dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interactive books are pretty awesome. I used to read them all the time, but I can't find new ones anymore. (Until now)

    adiefenderfer@liberty.edu

    ReplyDelete

Interview with Barbara M. Britton and spotlight of Lioness...

We're happy to have Barbara M. Britton with us talking about her book Lioness . To learn more about her and Lioness, please read o...