We're happy to have Martha Rogers with us talking about her book "Becoming Lucy."
Click on the photo to the left to visit the author's website. Read on to learn more about Margaret and her book...
1) How did this story come to you? When my son lived in Tulsa, we went to visit quite often and always stopped at a tourist information system for coffee and restroom break. I became interested in the history of the state and decided to combine it with my interest in Boston.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published. I wrote the book in 2004 and 2005 and sent it to my agent. It stayed with one editor who took it to committee, but it was rejected. It was with them for over six months. We changed the title and began submitting it elsewhere. After more revision, Tamela sent it out again to several new editors and Debbie Marrie at Strang picked it up.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers. Hmm, I’m a pretty open book, but they may be surprised to learn I was a nursing student when I started out in college in 1953. Readers might be surprised to learn I am a breast cancer survivor. 10 ½ years since my second surgery. I love to sew and use to make all my own clothes.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you? I’m working on book three in the series and a Christmas novella for Barbour
5) Parting comments? Never give up on your dream, and never believe you are too old to get published.
6) Where can fans find you on the internet? www.marthawrogers.com