Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Interview with Sara Foust & Spotlight of Rarity Mountain...


We're happy to have Sara Foust with us today talking about her book Rarity Mountain. To learn more about Sara and her book, read on!

Cover blurb: On the surface, SIMON FINCUFF and FERN STRONGBOW have nothing in common. Simon has served his sentence, but his past conviction still haunts him. Fern is a veterinarian and grew up on an off-the-grid homestead. The one thing they share? Each has a dark secret they would do almost anything to protect.
When their current careers are yanked away, they are left scrambling to pick up the pieces. A reality television show falls into their paths, offering a life-changing opportunity that tests their resolve and their faith.
These two unlikely partners must battle to survive for thirty days in the untouched wilderness of Rarity Mountain with only a handful of survival items and a director who is out for drama, no matter the cost. With their lives and their carefully guarded skeletons on the line, they will discover how far they are willing to go to win the million-dollar prize for Survival Tennessee.

Please tell us five random things we might not know about you. 
I was born in California, but I grew up in Tennessee. I tried to save a chipmunk once and ended up with it latched onto my thumb. I want to learn to SCUBA dive. My favorite bird is a blue heron, but I also really love owls. I had recurring nightmares about Bigfoot as a child.

Why did you choose to write this book?
This story began forming as a prayer for God to give me another book idea. Once the idea for a book about a survival show came to me, Simon’s and Fern’s past mistakes just had to be written. Their story is one of pasts that contain some very bad decisions and a present filled with God’s forgiveness.

What one thing about writing do you wish non-writers would understand? 
I have to write. It’s part of me, and if I don’t write I cannot be complete or even completely happy.

What is the toughest test you've faced as a writer?
Getting started was hard. I kept getting critiques from other writers that made me cry and made me wonder if I was really any good as a writer. I am so thankful for my cousin Becky. Without her encouragement, I probably would’ve given up before I’d gotten a good start.

What do you hope readers to take away from your novel?
I hope readers realize that no matter what they’ve done, having faith in God and in mankind is always worth it. God can forgive any indiscretion and wants a relationship with you.

What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of, writing-related or not?
I am so proud that I have followed my dream and now have 4 books published, all while homeschooling 5 kids, working part-time from home, keeping up with housekeeping, and all the other daily tasks of life.

What do you do for fun when not writing?
I read, watch television, and get outside with my kids. I also love to camp and hike.

What are you working on now? 
I am writing the first book, called The Jade Owl, in a new Inspirational Romantic Suspense series about an archaeologist looking for relics in the Great Smoky Mountains.


Please give us the first page of the book.

Chapter 1

Dr. Fern Strongbow settled into a folding chair across the desk from Dr. Sylvia Greenlee. Fern popped a flower into her mouth and smiled as her friend and mentor grimaced. “Dandelion?”
Sylvia shook her head. “You eat some strange things, Fern.”
“They’re delicious.” Fern ate another yellow top and smiled. “What’s on the agenda for our weekly session?”
A dog whined in the next room, drawing Fern’s gaze to the office door. No doubt Max was having trouble awakening from his dental surgery. Pentothal did some strange things to their patients in recovery.
“I’m sure Kaylee can handle that.”
She was probably right. But what if Kaylee was otherwise occupied? Fern leaned back into the cold metal and sighed. “I miss the old chairs.”
“Well, they were worth $50 at the farmer’s market. Paid the water bill last month.”
Max whined again.
Fern’s gaze once again darted to the closed door. “You sure Kaylee isn’t busy with something else?”
“Max will be fine. We need to talk.”



8 comments:

Interview with Barbara M. Britton and spotlight of Lioness...

We're happy to have Barbara M. Britton with us talking about her book Lioness . To learn more about her and Lioness, please read o...