Monday, November 14, 2016

Leeann Betts is giving away "Broke, Busted, and Disgusted"

We're happy to have Leeann Betts with us today talking about her book, Broke, Busted, and Disgusted, which is book number five in the By the Numbers Series, featuring Carly Turnquist, forensic accountant. Please leave her a comment with your email address for your chance to win. The book will be available on November 30.


From the cover: Wherever  you find Carly Turnquist, trouble is sure to follow.
 
At least, that's what her husband Mike says.

Back in Bear Cove, Carly's best friend is being courted by a smarmy stranger, and Mike's latest client is unhappy with him.

When the client turns up dead and Mike is nowhere to be found, the police suspect him, and the video and paperwork they have that shows someone matching Mike's description maxed out their credit cards and cleaned out their bank accounts is compelling.

But Carly knows her husband couldn't kill anybody.

Could he?

How did this story come to you?  
In trying to come up with a series idea, set in 2002 and 2003, I looked for plot ideas that could get an accountant into trouble. 

Tell us about the journey to getting this book published. 
The journey started in 2002 when I wrote the first book during NaNoWriMo because I wondered if I had at least one book in me. The series idea came at the end of that because I loved Carly and Mike so much (it’s somewhat autobiographical when it comes to them), and so I wanted to keep writing about them.

Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.  
I am a pen name born about 5 years ago. I have to work at being quirky. I am not nearly so quick on the comebacks or quick thinking as Carly is.

What are you working on now and what's next for you?  
Next for me will be to re-write a novella I wrote a couple of years ago by adding two or three more points of view so I can hopefully make it more marketable in a longer version. My real-life persona is under contract with Barbour Publishing in a 9-in-1 novella collection that releases in April 2017, Hearts of the Pony Express. After that, she has several ideas for another historical set in World War I and World War II, and I will have another adventure for Carly to write.

Parting comments? 
 I really appreciate your readers stopping by today, and hope they leave a comment to enter the drawing for a free copy of Broke, Busted, and Disgusted when it releases later this month.

Where can fans find you on the internet?
I publish a free quarterly newsletter that includes a book review and articles on writing and books of interest to readers and writers. You can subscribe at www.LeeannBetts.com or follow me at www.AllBettsAreOff.wordpress.com All books are available on Amazon.com in digital and print.


No comments:

Post a Comment