Monday, October 3, 2016

"Providence: Hannah's Journey" by Barbara Britton



We're happy to have Barbara Britton with us today talking about her book, Providence: Hannah's Journey.


From the cover: When the prophet of Israel refuses to heal her, Hannah flees Jerusalem and is captured by an enemy with a curse all his own.

1)  How did this story come to you? I was teaching chapel to elementary students and my lessons were on young people in the Bible who did brave things. I realized we didn’t know much about the servant girl in the story of Naaman in II Kings 5, so I wrote a story using similar plot lines.

2)  Tell us about the journey to getting this book published. My story is a long story. I will have
been writing nine years when Hannah makes her debut. “Providence” was the fourth book I wrote and I received my big break (after many rejections) because of my involvement in the mentoring program Pitch Wars. My mentor took on an alternate who was an acquiring editor for Pelican Book Group and she was interested in my story.

3)  Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers. I write every book in cursive on a notepad before typing it into the computer. My son says that’s writing them twice. I’ve had two serious illnesses/surgeries that could have taken my life, but I’m still here.  I’ve never read an e-book.

4)  What are you working on now and what’s next for you? I am finishing the third book in the Tribes of Israel series. The second book “Building Benjamin: Naomi’s Journey” will release in 2017. I’m looking for another Old Testament character or story to write.

5)  Parting comments? Thank you for having me on your blog today and a big thank you to everyone who stopped by or commented. I hope you enjoy Hannah’s story. And if you do, please leave a review.

6)  Where can fans find you on the internet? I have my own website, and I am on facebook, Twitter, and Goodreads.

Click on the image below for purchase:

https://www.amazon.com/Providence-Hannahs-Journey-Tribes-Israel-ebook/dp/B01BB7R9YU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475500961&sr=8-1&keywords=barbara+britton+hannah%27s+journey


2 comments:

  1. This is a wonderfully gripping story! Can't wait for Barbara Britton's next book in 2017!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Val. How can I go wrong when I follow God's storylines? Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete