Thursday, May 5, 2016

Cherie Burbach's "Art and Faith: Mixed Media Art With a Faith Filled Message"


We're happy to have Cherie Burbach with us today talking about her book Art and Faith: Mixed Media Art with a Faith Filled Message. 



1) What would you like readers to take away from your book?
I wanted Art and Faith to be inspirational, something that you’d pick up periodically and look through when you needed to be reminded about God’s love or when you just wanted to clear your mind from the day’s worries. 


2) Why did you choose to write this book?
I’ve been wanting to combine my two loves of art and writing for a long time. In the past I’ve used my artwork for my poetry book covers but this was the first time that my art was the focus of a book.

3) What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of, writing-related or not?
I’ve proud of my marriage and for rising above life’s setbacks.

4) What would you be doing if you weren’t writing?
I would love to make a full-time living as an artist. But if I couldn’t do either of those I’d like to be a professional organizer! (There is something about organizing a drawer that I find really soothing.)


5) Tell us a little more about yourself, with three things not many people know about you.
I’ve been writing and drawing since I was a small child and have made my living as a freelancer for the last ten years. Three things people may not know about me include:

·         I came to the Lord really young, about three years old. (It’s a long but cool story.)
·         I love making soup for my husband, especially while we watch the Packer game.
·I cannot grow plants. Period.

6) Do you listen to music when you write and if so, what kind of music – or do you find it distracts you?
Every once in a while I will listen to classical music while writing. I find it really inspiring and puts me in the right frame of mind. But mostly I write in quiet. I really crave quiet time because allows me to clear my thoughts and connect with God.

7) What do you do for fun when not writing?
I like to paint, crochet, cook, and read.
 
8) Tell us about your latest release and what you think readers will enjoy about it.

Art and Faith is all about faith and color and inspiration. Copies of several of my original paintings are included in full color, along with an explanation of why I painted the post or used a certain Biblical verse in the picture. Many of my paintings contain a Bible verse, either as a prominent part of the picture or in the background, so I mention why I chose a certain verse or how the painting came to be. I think readers will enjoy the variety and color of the art and be inspired by the verses.


9) If you could spend an hour with anyone dead or living, who would it be?
King David. I would like to hear all about his life and relationship to God. I’m fascinated by the Psalms he penned and how they reveal his inner thoughts and struggles. (But I think I’d need more than an hour.)

10) What is your personal definition of success?
Doing whatever it is God wants for you.

11) How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website)
The best way is through my website: http://cherieburbach.com/contact/.


Cherie Burbach is a poet, mixed media artist, and freelance writer specializing in lifestyle and relationships. She's written for About.com, NBC/Universal, Match.com, Christianity Today, and more. Her latest book is: Art and Faith: Mixed Media Art With a Faith-Filled MessageVisit her website for more info, cherieburbach.com.



4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a beautiful book. Thanks for sharing about the book and your background. I agree, King David does sound like an interesting person to spend some time with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspirational indeed. I agree, this does sound beautiful.


    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Cherie, Your Art and Faith book sounds lovely! I thorouhly enjoyed visiting your nice website generously showcasing your beautiful and inspirational artwork. I especially liked two of your newer pieces, of the Blue Bird and the Moon paintings. I wish you great success in all your creative pursuits!! Thank you for the interview!
    Sincerly, Phyllis

    phyllisadams.seashells@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Guys! Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. I did a random.org select to choose the winner, and it was.... (drumroll).... Phyllis!

    ReplyDelete