Sunday, March 27, 2016

Wade Webster's "100 Prayers of a Writer"




1) What would you like readers to take away from your book? I want readers to experience?
a level of intimacy with God as their heavenly Father that they haven’t felt before. Too many people have either a shallow or fearful view of God. These prayers should bring them into a clearer understanding of how God wants us to approach Him as the revered Creator and spiritual Daddy/Abba He became when He died for us on the cross.

2) Why did you choose to write this book? 
I didn’t decide to write this book. I simply followed the call to write weekly prayers to the ACFW children’s fiction email loop when that door opened. Through obedience and perseverance I wrote enough prayers to make this book. The feedback from the members of the group told me I needed to make these prayers available to a wider audience. I chose to take the stewardship of these prayers to this book format.

3) What did you learn while writing this book? 
God’s plans are frequently disguised as simple opportunities set before us. Whenever you combine His gifting with obedience expect to be amazed at the outcome. I still cry at some of these prayers He had me write.

4) Why do you write? 
Eight years ago I had no clue I’d be writing anything more than a personal note or letter. This writing gig is all God’s call on me. It’s a story of its own I may share here later. Now writing brings me sanity and direction in my life. I write to bring people closer to God the Father.

5) What's next for you? 
I have a children’s storybook app I hope to finish by this summer when the illustrations get done. I also expect to have three books coming out before Christmas. I know that sounds crazy but all three have a Christmas theme. One is a middle-grade book, one a contemporary adult fiction short novel and the third is a devotional that I blogged into existence four years ago. They’ll either all take off like crazy or I’ll learn why folks warn against coming out with more than one book at a time. Prayers are appreciated.

6) What would you be doing if you weren’t writing? 
Well, my primary source of income has been derived from driving trucks for the past thirty years. So, I’d likely drive more trucks in and around Dallas, Texas. I sure hope this writing gig takes off so I don’t have to keep that up.

7) Do you listen to music when you write and if so, what kind of music – or do you find

it distracts you? 
When I do listen to music as I write it has to be instrumental. The words
distract me too much.

8) What do you do for fun when not writing? 
The country bumpkin in me enjoys time in
nature. Walks are preferred, but often a run in a local park with a creek running through it has to suffice.


9) How can readers get in contact with you? (mail, email, website) 
My website is the best option for getting in touch. The contact details are all there including the social media connections I’m on. That’s also where folks can order an autographed copy of my book. http://wadewebster.com

Here's the back cover copy:
What is prayer? Prayer is a conversation with God.
What does God expect in your prayer? God wants you to pour out your heart to Him.

These prayers are not meant to be memorized, but experienced. This collection of prayers began as a weekly offering to the American Christian Fiction Writers' children's ) email loop. 100 PRAYERS OF A WRITER combines Wade Webster's two greatest passions: talking to his Heavenly Father and writing. If your prayer life needs a boost, these prayers will give you the spiritual lift you're looking for. Experience a depth and honesty that only comes from a lifetime walk with God through Jesus Christ. Although these prayers were originally written to writers, everybody will grow in their understanding of their relationship with the Creator of the universe. People curious about how Christians approach God will have their eyes opened to what makes us tick. Enter the throne room of God as Jesus tells us to--as little children. Leave the same throne room with renewed hope and encouragement. Christianity wasn't meant to be a rote religion, but a living relationship. Your Father longs for your attention.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Wade: This book sounds wonderful and I love that it wasn't planned -- except in the heart of God. And I'm impressed you've been driving trucks for so long. That is one job I couldn't imagine doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Beth. I can't believe I've been able to drive trucks this long too. And I'm shocked by how God is using me as a writer.

      Delete
  2. Hello Mr Webster, I enjoyed your interview... I lived in Irving TX with a fantastic 4th of July firework display of the Cowboys Stadium and drove past Mary Kay's Cosmetics Headquarters on the way to work, back in the 80's, wish I would have stayed! I also enjoy instrumental music, especially the Harp. Your prayer book would be a blessing to all Christians and would witness to any non-Christians that might take a look inside it's pages. May all your writings be a success! Phyllis
    phyllisadams.seashells@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Phyllis. If you've been away from Dallas for a few years you won't recognize it now. Cowboys Stadium is gone, but Mary Kay is still going strong.

      Delete
    2. Mr Webster... Thank you for your reaponse, I just now noticed your reply... I had no idea the stadium was gone. Just like when I went back to north Delaware after 10years it had changed to much for my liking. I will follow and read your books. God bless you and your career!

      Delete