Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Renee-Ann Giggie's "Emma's Prayer"





What are your favorite writing conferences and why?
 Somebody once told me how important it is for every writer to attend these conferences, but I never saw vital they truly were until I attended my first one. It’s very hard to narrow down my favorite ones because they’re all awesome. I loved Mt Hermon, in CA, ACFW – that one moves around, it’s not always in the same place – and Blue Ridge Mountains Christian Writers Conference, in NC. Writers’ conferences are where we learn from other writers who’ve been there/done that. Most of those who teach the classes are today bestselling authors. They want you to have what they have: a successful writing career. Conferences are much more than that, though. It’s where deep bonds form between writers, and you leave with a slew of business cards, many of which maybe from editors and/or agents who want to read/hear more about your story. 

Are you a plotter or a pantzer?
 I’m totally a pantzer. I can’t plot far in advance because it’ll change a thousand times. Someone I know, who’s not a writer once told me, “You have to know where the chapter is going.” No, I don’t. I develop it as I go. “Well then,” she added, “you should at least know where the scene is going.” Again, no, I don’t. I put fingers to keyboard, start with an idea, and type what happens as I watch it develop in my mind’s eyes. That’s how I write. When I wrote Stella’s Plea, I didn’t even know who the kidnapper was until about half way through the book. Until I figured it out, and why, she was “the young woman.” No spoiler there… the fact that it’s a kidnapping story is in the book blurb.


What are you working on right now?
 A very emotional story. This will probably be the hardest story I’ve written. I’m reconstructing the events of a tragedy that happened in our family in 1984, but adding a major twist to it to make it a thrilling fictional suspense. Moving the events to today’s timeline. It might be interesting to leave it in the 80s though, where technology wasn’t so big as it is today.

What do you do for fun when not writing?
I work full time outside the home in a call center. Outside of work and writing, I love to spend quality time with my husband. We go for long drives, eat out, or just get away for a weekend. OR I’m going to a writers’ conference. Which one I’m going next is ALWAYS in the back of my mind. I never can wait to get there, and once I return home, I can’t wait to go again.  

Tell us about your latest release and what you think readers will enjoy about it. 

 I feel that anyone who loves emotional stories will love Emma’s Prayer. Emma is a teen mom who puts her son up for adoption, but soon misses him so much, she wants him back. Is it too late?
I show my readers that none of us are perfect, we all make mistakes. Even pastors kids, like Emma, aren’t immune to sin. We can, however, receive God’s grace, mercy, and forgiveness. All we need to do is confess and ask earnestly.
 
How can readers get in contact with you?
 I love to hear from my readers.
My facebook page is: www.facebook.com/ragiggie

Link to Emma's Prayer: amzn.to/1RW11oZ

3 comments:

  1. This story sounds like it will break my heart. I do enjoy an emotional, thoughtful read thank you.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, God is good! Emma's Prayer will be a comfort to read! ... Your trip to the Blue Ridge Mtn Writing Conference brings to mind my many trips years ago along the VA portion of the Blue Ridge Mtns and the beginning part of the mountain drive called The Skyline Dr, so many friendly deer to see, with a spectacular view. I hope you had chance to enjoy the Mountain Drive if not before than if you ever go back. Best wishes on the success of your new book!
    Phyllis Adams
    phyllisadams.seashells@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My apologies for missing these comments. I've had problems with Blogger lately, but it's now been fixed.

    I had a beautiful time at Blue Ridge, and thoroughly enjoyed the drive and scenery. It is breathtaking.

    Thank you both for your replies. Again I apologize for such a delay.

    ReplyDelete