Saturday, October 10, 2015

Signs in Life by Deanna Nowadnick


We're very happy to have Deanna Nowadnick with us today sharing a devotional and talking about her book Signs In Life.  Be sure to check it out!--K. Dawn

SIGNS IN LIFE: A Devotional
Deanna Nowadnick

“The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you;
He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
Deuteronomy 31:8 (NIV)

So often I’ve joked, “I just wish God would leave a sticky note on the fridge!” It wasn’t until the writing of my second book, Signs in Life, that I saw through the laughter. God hadn’t just put a note here and there, He’d actually placed huge signs in my life.

I really do want to follow God more closely, but somehow I’d missed His signs and overlooked His directions. And honestly, there were times I just chose to ignore His signs.

But God never leaves us. God never forsakes us. God has made us a chapter in His great story. Our lives have meaning and purpose. My pastor, Robin Dugall, says, “Life with God is not just about a heavenly destination. Our travels with God are part of His story, His purpose, travels that begin right now.”

So even though we’re on a divided highway, you going in one direction and me in another, we’re still on a similar journey. We’re all part of a greater purpose, a greater story. And when we miss the signs, real and divine, we can rest assured that God will redirect and refocus us, that He will get us back on track.

Whenever we got in the car, I used to tell my boys, “Buckle up. We’re going for a ride.” In life we’re all going for a ride. Our travels with God are an adventure in discovery and growth, an opportunity for each one of us to repeat the words of Moses, “Here I am.”

Heavenly Father, we thank You for going before us, for being with us, for making us part of Your great story. Be with us, we pray, as we travel through each day. May all that we do and say glorify You and Your holy name. In the Name of Your Son, Jesus, amen.
Deanna Nowadnick is the author of two books, Signs in Life: Finding Direction in Our Travels with God and also Fruit of My Spirit: Reframing Life in God’s GraceDeanna’s a Pacific Northwest native who’s been blessed with a wonderful marriage to Kurt. She’s active in her church, playing the violin Sunday mornings and serving on the leadership team. She loves Bible study and delights in meetings with various women’s groups. You can connect with Deanna at deannanowadnick.com. She’s also on Facebook, Twitter,  and LinkedIn.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being a guest on my blog! Good luck with your book, Deanna! I'm going to download it to my Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've had great joy in reconnecting with reviewers for this second book. I appreciate the chance to be a part of your very special site.

    ReplyDelete