Sunday, September 13, 2015

My thoughts about the movie, "War Room"

I recently celebrated another birthday. When my husband asked what I wanted to do for my birthday, my response was dinner and the movie War Room. I didn't know much about the movie. I knew it was a Christian movie from the creator's of Fireproof. I always try to support those movies because if we don't, producers will stop making them. I'd also heard that War Room was the number one move in the nation last week and it was about a woman fighting for her marriage. That was pretty much it. I hadn't even watched the trailer. All I knew was that Christian movies like Fireproof, Do You Believe, and God's Not Dead have been a blessing to me and I needed a blessing.

I don't want to say much about the plot itself because I don't want to spoil it just in case you've not seen it. I absolutely loved it. My husband liked it as well and as we were driving away, he asked me to text his newly married daughter and tell her that she and her husband should see it.

So many times, we like to talk about our problems to others, especially our problems with other people. We want to talk about how we've been hurt or wronged, especially when it comes to our spouses. What can the other person do about it? Can the other person change our spouse? Change our family member or our friend? No, but God can. "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." Matthew 6:6

In the movie, Miss Clara's tiny closet is her prayer room. She calls it the War Room. I'm not spoiling this for you...it's in the trailer below. My husband leaned over and said to me, "Our closets have so much stuff in them, you couldn't pray in there if you wanted to." I laughed. He's right, but seeing Miss Clara's War Room made me long for a secret, quiet space of my own. You'll see what I mean when you watch the movie. Life is so busy and there is so much commotion around us that it's difficult to find a quiet place to get alone with God where you know you won't be interrupted.

Even before watching the movie, I did something similar in that I keep Bible verses that I call out to God in my phone. I also have a prayer list in my cell phone. In addition, I have a prayer of deliverance saved in my phone that an ACFW member sent to me. Since I always have my phone with me, this allows me to have my verses and my prayer list with me wherever I am.

The gist of War Room  is learning how to let God fight our battles for us. When we fight our battles ourselves, we can make things worse. War Room  is about learning how to pray and how to trust God. War Room is about learning how to take command over Satan in Jesus' name and then letting go and letting God. Be sure to take plenty of tissue. It's that kind of movie. The prayer Miss Clara prayed at the end is amazing. It had me shouting "Amen" in a theatre full of people and I'm normally quiet in a group setting. For your viewing pleasure, the trailer is below.






No comments:

Post a Comment