Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Marian Merritt's "Deep Freeze Christmas



Tell us a little about Deep Freeze Christmas 

Deep Freeze Christmas is a Christmas romance novella set near Steamboat Springs, Colorado. In keeping with my tagline, Where the Bayous Meet the Mountains, a young gourmet chef and her mentor from New Orleans venture to the mountains to cook for a movie producer's holiday guests in his mountain lodge at Christmas. 

Here's the book blurb:

Louisiana Chef Leona Buquet agrees to cook for CG Fleming Jr, movie producer at his mountain lodge in the Colorado Mountains during the Christmas holiday. When Leona meets handsome Cameron, CG's son, she is taken by his striking good looks and warm personality, but with the glamorous actress, Marissa Madison, clamoring for his attention will he even notice Leona?

Cameron struggles with being in a career he hates only to please his father. When he meets Leona he feels he's known her all his life. He wants an opportunity to get to know her, but she keeps avoiding him. When they become stranded in a hunter's cabin, will she lower her guard and open her heart to Cameron? 

Briefly describe one of your typical writing days? 

A typical day starts with quiet time with the Lord then I do a quick pass through my emails. Once that's done, I open my writing program, read a few paragraphs of what I wrote the day before. I set my timer for 45 minutes then start writing. The timer helps me to stay in the writing mode even when I don't feel like writing. Once the timer goes off, if it's a good place to stop, I'll take a break for fifteen or twenty minutes. Maybe let the dog out, transfer laundry, or something else that doesn't require creativity or reading. Many times, when I return to the story, an idea is triggered or problem solved. Repeat with the timer. I usually do two or three 45-minute sessions.  

What led you to choose the genre in which you write?

I love reading stories about women in difficult situations and how they use their faith to overcome. It was a natural path that I would write those types of stories.

What do you enjoy doing when you are not writing?

I love photography and gardening.  

What author's books do you enjoy reading?

I have many favorites, but right now Sarah Jio, Kristen Hannah, Susan May Warren, and Lisa Wingate, are at the top of my list.

What can we expect from you in the future?
My first Women's Fiction full-length novel, The Vigil, is releasing soon with Harbourlight an imprint of Pelican Book Group.
When thirty-one year-old, hospice nurse, Cheryl Broussard flees an abusive boyfriend to return to the Louisiana hometown she vowed she'd never return to, she learns two never–say-never lessons. She also vowed she'd never allow anyone to abuse her. 

In Bijou Bayou, Cheryl confronts her broken relationship with her mother and the long-held resentment toward her for staying in an abusive relationship. 

She deals with awakening feelings for her first love, Beau. At eighteen, determined to leave, she refused his marriage proposal. Now with his wife in a coma, is his friendship enough? 

While reading a dying patient's Korean War love letters, revealed family secrets shatter Cheryl's belief about herself and her family.

Through forgiveness, honesty, and self-discovery, Cheryl is blessed with a second chance at relationship with her family, her first love, and with the God she never really knew.


I'm current writing a women's fiction story set in Mandeville, Louisiana and Tuscany, Italy called, Four Weeks in Tuscany.

I'm plotting my next Bijou Bayou book, The Eagle.

Thank you for having me here!








11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting my on your blog! I wish everyone a blessed Christmas! Excited to see who'll win the e copy of Deep Freeze Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would enjoy reading this Christmas story!
    dkstevensne AT outlook DOt CoM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i Deanna, thanks for commenting! Your name is in the "hat" for the drawing!

      Delete
  3. oh, this sounds like a book I'd love to read. Thanks for the chance to win a copy

    ABreading4fun [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, apple blossom! You are included. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Christmas reads. A wonderful tag line.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice concept & setting you used for your, Deep Freeze Christmas - my nephew and his family live in Colorado, they love the extreme cold weather they get there. I would thoroughly enjoy reading your book. Nice that read that you have a dog to keep you company! They are surely family to dog lovers. I have a little dog. With your 'The Vigil' book, you would certainly have empathy for Sherry Gore, the Amish Mennonite Cookbook Author posting on facebook about her daughter Jacinda that is on Hospice and is nearing the end, she is easy to find on Facebook if interested (lives in Sarasota in the Pinecraft Amish Community), Jacinda has had a love for horses all her life. They are a precious family. Merry Christmas & may you prosper with your writing!!! Your books sound like they would be wonderful to read
    Phyllis Adams
    phyllisadams.seashells@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phyllis, thank you. I do love living in Colorado but miss so much about the South. I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  7. PHYLLIS ADAMS! Congratulations! You have won the copy of Deep Freeze Christmas! Check your email for it from Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much, Marian!!! :O)

      Delete