Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Elizabeth Maddrey's "Love Defined"



The Story Behind the Story…continued

I talked a little about the story behind the Remnants Series (Faith Departed, Hope Deferred, and my December release, Love Defined) when I was here in July and I’m grateful to have a chance to come back again this month to talk a little about the end of the story. As much as I love the happily ever after that I typically get to put into my novels (mostly I write contemporary romance – you have to have that!), this last installment in this women’s fiction isn’t the happily ever after that people are expecting. Which isn’t to say they aren’t happy – they all are! But my characters have had to reshape their own expectations over the course of their journeys, so happily ever after isn’t looking quite the way they’d imagined it would.

This is the way so many couples live their lives. We tend to have our future mapped out, and when you hit those bumps in the road, it can be a struggle to adjust to the new normal. But I’ve never personally experienced anything that shook me as much as infertility did. Whereas the usual bumps call for tiny adjustments on the path of your life, infertility often sends you careening down roads you didn’t even know existed, let alone plan on traveling. And so you have to adjust. And adjust. And adjust. But, if you’re willing to do the work and cry out to God in the midst of it, He is faithful to see you through. Maybe the end you reach isn’t the one you planned on, but He’ll make it your happily ever after if you’ll let Him.

Despite the fact that this is the last book in the series, and at this point the last time I plan to write about these sisters and their families, I continue to pray that women and men struggling with infertility will find comfort, hope, and peace in these pages. And if infertility isn’t something that has afflicted you personally, I hope these books will give you a little insight into the heartbreak that so many couples face, and with that insight, renewed compassion.

Blurb:

Dreams Change. Plans Fail.

July and Gareth have reached the end of their infertility treatment options.  With conflicting feelings on adoption, they struggle to discover common ground in their marriage. Meanwhile, July's twin sister, June, and her husband, Toby, are navigating the uncertainties of adoption and the challenges of new parenthood.

How much stretching can their relationships endure before they snap?


Bio:
Elizabeth Maddrey began writing stories as soon as she could form the letters properly and has never looked back. Though her practical nature and love of math and organization steered her into computer science for college and graduate school, she has always had one or more stories in progress to occupy her free time. When she isn’t writing, Elizabeth is a voracious consumer of books and has mastered the art of reading while undertaking just about any other activity. She loves to write about Christians who struggle through their lives, dealing with sin and receiving God’s grace.
Elizabeth lives in the suburbs of Washington D.C. with her husband and their two incredibly active little boys. She invites you to interact with her at her website www.ElizabethMaddrey.com or on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/ElizabethMaddrey

Social Media:
Twitter: @elizabethmaddre
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+ElizabethMaddrey/posts




4 comments:

  1. One of my children is going through this now.. maybe foster parenting will bring a child to love & cherish into their home.. would like to read your book!
    dkstevensne AT outlook DotCOm

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very interesting subject matter. Quite an emotional one too.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not everyone is blessed with children, for one reason or another, I was not. Congratulations of completing this series, how rewarding it must feel! I feel I would thoroughly enjoy reading your 'Love Defined', plus the earlier books in the series. I enjoyed reading in your bio that you have mastered the art of reading while undertaking just about any other activity, I keep books all over & in my car, always one at work & at appointments/mechanic shop, etc...for all unexpected moments to read. :O) Have a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ....Phyllis Adams comment continued...... Sorry, I forgot to leave my email, it is:
    phyllisadams.seashells@gmail.com
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete