Monday, June 23, 2014

Harry Wegley's "Moon over Maalaea Bay"

Moon over Maalaea Bay Cover blurb:
In an instant the Maui honeymoon of Lee's dreams morphs to a nightmare when Jennifer disappears on their wedding night. Were the abductors the trafficking ring Jennifer crippled or does an even a more sinister organization want her for other purposes.

With the clock ticking toward Jennifer's impending sale, Lee, accompanied by their fifteen-year-old foster daughter, Katie, and Jennifer's grandfather, begins his own search of the island. As the search by Lee and the authorities intensifies, he fears beautiful Katie might end up in the crosshairs of the traffickers.


Can Lee save both his bride and his future daughter? What if he has to make a choice? If Jennifer is sold, could she kill herself to avoid a life filled with degradation and horror? If she did, would God forgive her?


1) How did this story come to you?Since this is a series, the setting and subject matter came directly from the previous book. My hero and heroine are leaving on their Maui honeymoon. Because I write thrillers, something has to go wrong, so the bride disappears on her wedding night. But the spiritual theme didn’t come to me until I started writing and asking questions. Would I trust God, even after such a devastating loss? One of God’s names is Jehovah-Sabaoth, The Lord of Hosts, our Protector. Could the abducted bride, destined to be sold to the highest international bidder, still trust Him as her Protector?


2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.The path to publication for this story was the smoothest road I’ve traveled. My publisher was happy with books 1 & 2 of the series, and I knew what my editor wanted in terms of story and writing. So I researched and wrote up scene cards for about 2 weeks, then wrote and polished my submittal in about 4 more weeks. Six weeks from inception to submitting a contract-winning novel—that’s a record for me.


3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.First, by the time I was 12 I already had NFL wide-receiver speed in the 40, about 4.3 seconds, and was proud of it.Second, when I was 15, at a track meet on a cold day, I experienced a third-degree quadriceps strain, nearly tearing the muscle in two, and ending my dreams of a sprinting career. What I once was proud of, I became ashamed of. He gives and He takes away, but it took a while for me to say blessed is His name.Third, on a lighter note, when I was 6 my uncle climbed high into the neighborhood climbing tree and carved my initials plus those of a short, freckled-faced, red-headed, Irish girl, the only girl my age in the neighborhood. I vowed, when I was strong enough, I’d cut those initials out. At age 10, I finally could reach them, but they were now a permanent part of the tree. I had no clue that 10 years later I would marry that tall, slender, dark-auburn-haired, Irish girl.


4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?I’m polishing up an espionage novel, a high-action, romantic suspense story. Some agents are interested, so I’m working on proposals, and just beginning to plot my next story. The 4th and final book in my Pure Genius Series releases in November 2014.


5) Parting comments?If you like reads that are fast, furious, funny, yet a bit frightening, you might enjoy Moon over Maalaea Bay.


6) Where can fans find you on the internet?Author web site (being rebuilt): http://hlwegley.comFacebook author page: https://www.facebook.com/HLWegleyAmazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/H.-L.-Wegley/e/B00B1XMR56Goodreads author page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4460203.H_L_WegleyBlog – The Weather Scribe – a climate of suspense and a forecast of stormy weather:http://weatherscribe.blogspot.com/Twitter: https://twitter.com/hlwegley




No comments:

Post a Comment