Monday, March 3, 2014

Laura Jackson's "Worth the Wait"



Title: Worth the Wait
Publisher: HopeSprings Books

Cover blurb:
Ellie Lansing has a picture-perfect life with a close-knit family and the perfect boyfriend. But her world is suddenly knocked off center when her drool-worthy boyfriend cheats, and her always-has-it-together mother is diagnosed with cancer. Ellie doesn't get it. She always does the right thing - doesn't God owe her a happy life? Through her heartache, Ellie learns that sometimes what seems like the end is really just the beginning and that what God has for us is always worth the wait.

1) How did this story come to you?I was trying to write a romance, and it was horrible. I kept thinking about the character of Ellie, and so I decided to try YA since that’s my favorite genre to read.

2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.I wrote 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month/November) 2012. I added to it in December and January before having it edited. In March I started sending it to agents and small publishers that didn’t require an agent. HopeSprings asked for the whole manuscript and then offered me a contract in May.

3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.I write while listening to sports radio.
I was a mentor for two girls in foster care during their senior years of high school.
One of my favorite parts of the day is checking the mail. (Wild life, I know!)

4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?In Worth the Wait, there’s a mean girl named Lindsey. Working with kids has taught me that when people are hateful, there’s usually a hurt somewhere that makes them push people away. So, I wanted to figure out what Lindsey’s story was. It’s been fun.

5) Parting comments?God’s plan is always worth the wait—even when it’s not what we planned or wanted.

6) Where can fans find you on the internet? Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/laurajacksonwrites
Twitter: https://twitter.com/LauraJackson80
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7203616.Laura_Jackson
Blog/Website: http://authorlaurajackson.blogspot.com/


7 comments:

  1. Please enter me to win - I am on your blog


    jrs362 at Hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the review of Worth The Wait.
    I liked the story line , The view that God owes her a perfect life, I am looking forward to see how this story unfolds. Thank you
    mcnuttjem0(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Laura, it's not fair for me to enter the contest to win your book on my blog, so I'll enter to win on K Dawn's blog! HA!

    Seriously, I would love to win a copy of Worth the Wait so I can a) read it and write a great review b) pass it on to my granddaughter to read!

    patti(dot)shene(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellie does have her fair share of troubles it seems.

    YA is a very exciting genre to read. My daughter kept telling me about books that she said I must read.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love YA too! I tried to write an adult book but didn't enjoy it. So, I decided to write one I'd like to read. :)

      Delete
  5. I would love to win this book to add to our Young Adult collection in the Church Library.
    Thanks for the giveaway.
    Janet E.
    von1janet(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete