Monday, December 30, 2013

Cheri Swalwell's "Spoken from the Heart? Journey from Fear to Faith"


Title:     Spoken from the Heart: Journey from Fear to Faith

Cover blurb: When faced with difficulties in life or exciting new adventures, we each have a choice. Will you step out in faith or cower in fear? Life can be scary.  Sometimes, through no fault of our own, we’re forced to deal with unemployment, a devastating health diagnosis, broken relationships, financial difficulties, or…sometimes we feel God leading us in a new direction.  It can be exciting, but also scary when we think about the uncertainties and whether or not we heard God’s voice correctly.
Whatever you or someone you love is facing right now, know you have a choice. You can either walk forward with faith in your Heavenly Father and His promise to protect His children, or you can hold back in fear. Join me on my personal journey from living in fear to walking in faith. My journey isn’t over, but I offer encouragement to those who are struggling to take the first step, those who have been walking for a while, or those who are ready to give up. The God I serve is a personal God who lovingly takes care of His children even in the midst of the struggles they are walking through. Think of me as your walking partner on your path as you receive encouragement from my journey.

1)  How did this story come to you?
Starting in the Spring of 2013, God began preparing our family for a battle we would be facing.  Summer of 2013, the battle began.  In November of 2013, God told me He wanted what He was doing in our lives to be an encouragement for others.  That is how the book came about.  It’s our family’s journey through a difficult time and how God provided from the big things down to the smallest detail.

2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
It actually was a year in the making.  I was published for a short period of a time with a small publishing company.  Through that experience, God gave me the confidence to self publish this time.  He was definitely in every detail as it has been a great experience. 

3)  Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
I’m deathly afraid of snakes.
I have always wanted to visit Australia.
I used to have a citrus allergy. 

4) What are you working on now and what’s next for you?
I have various projects in the making.  I am working on video blogging for my blog, Spoken from the Heart. I also am working on an app that takes my blogs into audio form.  In addition, I have the goal of five more books being published in 2014, Lord willing.

5) Parting comments?

Thank you so much for this opportunity.  God gets the glory for everything I do right.  I take the blame for the mistakes I make along the way.  Experiencing peace by walking where God wants me is the best feeling ever. 

6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
My blog at: http://journeysfromtheheartofawifeandmother.wordpress.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/cheri-Swalwell.
Email:  clSwalwell9(@gmail.com
Twitter:  CheriSwalwell

BIO:
Cheri Swalwell is a Christ follower who thoroughly enjoys her calling to be a wife, mother, and writer, in that order. She has a degree in Psychology from Illinois State University and enjoys writing regularly for Book Fun Magazine and LIFE TO THE FULLEST. Cheri’s first book, Spoken from the Heart: Journey from Fear to Faith is available through Amazon.  She is also a contributing author in the book, 31 Devotions for Writers. To contact Cheri or to read one of her many articles on marriage, parenting, or relationships from a Christian perspective, visit her blog at: http://journeysfromtheheartofawifeandmother.wordpress.com . She loves to interact with her readers, so send her an email at clSwalwell99@gmail.com or “like” her on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/cheri-Swalwell.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for inviting me on your blog.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete