Monday, November 4, 2013

Cynthia Hickey's "Taming the Sheriff"




Cover blurbTHERE'S A NEW TEACHER IN TOWN

Charlotte Nelson arrives in the tiny mountain town of Plumville, Arkansas, with big ideas. She wants to mend the decades-old town feud by throwing a Christmas pageant. But it soon proves to be a challenge, especially when three of her students are determined matchmakers. She's in no hurry to settle down—certainly not with the rugged, handsome sheriff.

Sheriff Asher Thomas can handle most trouble that comes his way, but Charlotte's flashing eyes and black curls are a threat of a different kind. Soon she's taking over his time and his thoughts. Will Asher change his bachelor ways for love?

1) How did this story come to you?
I've always enjoyed The Best Little Christmas Pageant. I wondered what would happen if a city teacher ended up in the Ozark mountains and found herself in the middle of a feud. She decides the way to draw the town together is to put on a Christmas program despite the town's reluctance.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
The book was fun and easy to write. I hope readers enjoy the story as much as I did. With a spunky heroine and a hunky hero sheriff, there's bound to be something for everyone.

3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
I'm shy. I've been on television twice. I've always thought it would be fun to play a crazy person in a movie.

4) What are you working on now and what's next for you? I'm working on the third and final mystery in my River Valley mystery series. I hope to release the story on ebook by the end of 2013.

5) Parting comments? If you're an aspiring author, never give up. You never know what blessing waits right around the corner.

6) Where can fans find you on the internet?

Bio:
Multi-published author Cynthia Hickey had three cozy mysteries published through Barbour Publishing, with a novella releasing in March 2013. Her first mystery, Fudge-Laced Felonies, won first place in the inspirational category of the Great Expectations contest in 2007. Her third cozy, Chocolate-Covered Crime, received a four-star review from Romantic Times. All three cozies have been re-released as ebooks through the MacGregor Literary Agency, along with a new cozy series. She has several historical romances releasing in 2013 and 2014 through Harlequin’s Heartsong Presents, and a novella in Barbour’s large Christmas anthology. She is active on FB, twitter, and Goodreads. She lives in Arizona with her husband, one of their seven children, two dogs and two cats. She has five grandchildren who keep her busy and tell everyone they know that “Nana is a writer”. Visit her website at www.cynthiahickey.com

Cynthia Hickey (Melton)
Author of Bestselling Summer Meadows mystery series
HICKEY Facebook Twitter MELTON Facebook Twitter

7 comments:

  1. Would enjoy reading Taming The Sheriff. I like reading stories about the West and the people in it. I miss AZ...I grew up there and visit as often as I can.
    JFWisherd at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a huge fan of Best Christmas Pageant Ever! I remember hearing that story read aloud for the first time and laughing so hard I was crying. :) Definitely sign me up for a copy of this book, and thanks for the giveaway!
    Best wishes as you continue writing!

    emily_reynolds (at) Hotmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The excerpt from the cover is great I cant wait to read more of this book! The characters have me wanting to learn more about them and how their story ends. Thank you for this book it is on my to read list
    mcnuttjem0(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a really good read. I love Christmas stories.
    susanmsj at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the story line.

    It WOULD be fun to play a crazy person in a movie.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a sucker for any story with a handsome sheriff. :) twinwillowsfarm at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the winner is....Pegg Thomas! Thank you all for the wonderful comments!

    ReplyDelete