Monday, May 30, 2011
Carrie Turansky's "Surrendered Hearts"
Title: Surrendered Hearts
Cover blurb:Jennifer Evan’s life changes forever when a gas pipeline explodes, starting a fire at her apartment. Losing her home and beloved dog are terrible blows, but the ugly scars that cover her arm, neck and shoulder steal her confidence and cause her fiancé to desert her. With her funds depleted and her job on hold, she heads for Vermont where she hopes to reconnect with her brother and find a way to rebuild her shattered life. Bill Morgan, a strong and quiet man whose faith runs deep, challenges her view of God and faith. Will she hold on to the pain of her past, or will she surrender her heart and find the faith and love she seeks?
1) How did this story come to you?
I read an article in our local newspaper about a gas pipeline explosion and the fires that followed, and I began wondering what it would be like for someone who had lost everything in a situation like that. The question, what makes a woman truly beautiful, also came to mind as I thought about surviving burn injuries.
2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
I originally wrote Surrendered Hearts in 2007 as a sequel to my first published novel, Along Came Love. It did not find a home with traditional publishers, but I’ve always loved the story, so I decided to publish it as an e-book.
3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.
1. Our family spent a year in Africa and we loved it. 2. I homeschooled our five kids over eighteen years and received a wonderful education. 3. I still find it challenging to plug my way through a novel even though I’ve written at least a dozen.
4) What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I am writing a contemporary romance for Love Inspired titled, A Man To Trust. It comes out March 2012.
5) Parting comments?
This is an exciting time to be a novelist! Publishing seems to be changing rapidly, and there are many new opportunities for authors to see their books go out as e-books as well as traditional books. Thanks for allowing me to connect with your blog readers.
6) Where can fans find you on the internet?
My website is: http://www.carrieturansky.com/ . Please sign up for my newsletter so we can stay in touch.
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carrie.turansky
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/carrieturansky
I have a coupon code I can send to the winner via-mail so they can download a free copy of Surrendered Hearts.